Knocking back Antoccinos is best with a few pastries so there are some crumbs to sweep out:
- Another nod to the simplicity of LG’s TV interface with a recognition from the Red Dot Design Award at IFA.
- RSS Reader app, Feedspider seeks translation help. Can you translate 112 strings of text into Bengali, Breton, Italian, Portuguese or Tamil?
- It seems forum user, 1whocs has got the Android on Veer project working. Instructions are here.
- Grabber5.0 has identified another minor issue with gmail. Check your settings.
- Hedami has released an update for location-based reminder app, Geostrings.
- Retro-styled puzzle adventure game, Aquaventure has an update.
- Both the apps above were released on the forums as app catalogue approval appears to have become extremely slow…
That’s it until the next toaster notification!
There’s been a lot of big news in the last week, so time for a quick clean out!
- Some app updates went through HP’s admin last week. We know there are a couple more in the pipeline. Thanks to all the developers still supporting webOS. Expect reviews soon on pivotCE.
- Platform game, Orcrest has new levels. See the pivotCE article here.
- What’s Shaking is a must for earthquake… er fans?
- Zap Photo Share let’s you share photos and slideshows across the wifi network. Why hand your phone around when you can beam to a bigger screen?
- Lithium Messenger is an assistant for messaging, posting & tweeting. Expand words, add emoticons, pics, videos, shorten links, even translate! Is there a news crumbs mode? Maybe in the next update.
- LG posted photos of Dev camp 2014. Owners of webOS TVs eagerly await the results of their efforts.
- Meanwhile we were concerned to hear that two of the top designers had moved to Pebble. Will this affect the progress of webOS? We hope not.
- Further disappointment came from This article from Gigaom.com, claiming that all is not well in LG’s Sillicon Valley Lab. Some disputed the fairness on twitter and webOS Nation. Have a read and decide for yourself.
I hope you enjoyed that, I fancy a nice grilled pannini to go with my affogato.
There’s not been much popping up from the toaster lately, but there are still a few crumbs to sweep out.
- gizmo21 reported that AVforums had awarded LGwebOs reference status – a quality level for other Smart TV platforms to aim at.
- I thought this happened ages ago, but it seems only Marc Aurelian over at webOS France was paying attention! Fin de support de webOS, Blackberry et Symbian par Phonegap. The end of phonegap support for webOS, Blackberry & Symbian. (en français, naturellement!). This is not necessarily a huge problem as discussed here: Phonegap depreciates webOS.
- Project Macaw updated to version 1.5.4. Find it in Preware, but remember if you want to try this Twitter client for the first time, you need to add the special feed…
- LG’s connect SDK has also had a version update. No, it doesn’t quite work on Legacy webOS, but if you want to make apps that interact with webOS TV’s it’s a must. The new technology in LuneOS means future support is a possibility…
- Finally, the conclusion to an odd part of webOS history: The Chubby Checker court case. The comments section of the article contains all the jokes you are likely to need on this matter.
I suddenly fancy a hot muffin…
The toaster’s been getting pretty hot recently, but still every slice is browned to perfection! Time to sweep out some more crumbs…
Phew, after all that, I need a toasted bagel!
Here are some news crumbs we found when cleaning out the webOS toaster: