Uh, the toaster needs another clean. Let’s shake it before those crumbs are too stale or burnt!
- webOS developer, Choorp either loves twitter or is frightened of it (actually, both is probably normal). He made this based on the logo of premier webOS twitter app, Project Macaw. We salute developer, Penduin for developing an app that only gets used once a year.
- Slashgear reports that TV’s running LGwebOS 3.0 now have online payment support for shopping & in-app payments. Set those parental controls!
- TechnoBuffalo is the latest Tech blog looking wistfully back. Are we the only one looking to the future of mobile webOS?
- You want webOS merchandise? Improvise!
- Former Palm employee, Lisa Brewster demonstrates what to do if you find yourself in the wild without a toaster.
I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s time for teacakes. See you next time!
There’s not been much popping up from the toaster lately, but there are still a few crumbs to sweep out.
- gizmo21 reported that AVforums had awarded LGwebOs reference status – a quality level for other Smart TV platforms to aim at.
- I thought this happened ages ago, but it seems only Marc Aurelian over at webOS France was paying attention! Fin de support de webOS, Blackberry et Symbian par Phonegap. The end of phonegap support for webOS, Blackberry & Symbian. (en français, naturellement!). This is not necessarily a huge problem as discussed here: Phonegap depreciates webOS.
- Project Macaw updated to version 1.5.4. Find it in Preware, but remember if you want to try this Twitter client for the first time, you need to add the special feed…
- LG’s connect SDK has also had a version update. No, it doesn’t quite work on Legacy webOS, but if you want to make apps that interact with webOS TV’s it’s a must. The new technology in LuneOS means future support is a possibility…
- Finally, the conclusion to an odd part of webOS history: The Chubby Checker court case. The comments section of the article contains all the jokes you are likely to need on this matter.
I suddenly fancy a hot muffin…