The toaster’s been getting pretty hot recently, but still every slice is browned to perfection! Time to sweep out some more crumbs…
- Matias Duarte has had a couple of ego boosts:
Why do all mobile roads lead back to the Palm Pre?.
I’ve Discovered The Best Smartphone Of All Time, And It’s From 2011.
Discuss here: Matias Duarte: “Wow, it’s WebOS nostalgia week!” and here: Wow Forbes (still!) loves the Palm Pre and webOS.
- On the TV front, LG has released a software development kit.
- Want to start simply? Roy Sutton has made a short video (<5mins) on how you can make a simple app with just HTML. It should work on other webOS devices too. I’m going to try it!
- Having sold a million, it seems LG is going all in on webOS TVs. There has been mention of other webOS domestic devices and possibly wearables.
- You’ll have seen the warning in the previous posting. It’s now fixed of course with help from frantid and others. There are rumours that Grabber5.0 is installing a flux-capacitor to his Maverick to patch issues before they even occur.
- Even as Grabber5.0 keeps our old stuff running, Garfonso has just released the future of synergy for general testing. The C+DAV connector was built for the Open webOS port, but also works on legacy webOS. It will install as a separate account and for safety, only syncs one-way at the moment. It syncs the calendar and contacts apps with owncloud, google, yahoo and iCloud.
Phew, after all that, I need a toasted bagel!