The toaster’s been back in action, so let’s shake out some fresh crumbs:
I need to butter these hot scones. See you next time!
Here’s the scenario: you’ve dug out your Pre or TouchPad and for nostalgia sake try to set it up only to find that things are a bit tougher to get working. I feel ya. This guide aims to help some of that frustration as it relates to Google Synergy.
Continue reading Guide: Fixing Google Synergy
UPDATE: It’s dead! 🙁 The mobile site works though. Unless this is patched, the mobile site is the only recourse we’ll have on webOS phones for YouTube access. The TouchPad can of course still view the full website. Some users are reporting it still works for them so it appears to be regional as the shutdown implementation goes into effect.
The Verge reports that Google is to kill off older YouTube Apps at the end of April. This will affect webOS users, unfortunately.
First Facebook, then cloud services, and now YouTube. LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! >:(
Continue reading UPDATE: Now DEAD – Google to Kill YouTube Access for Older Apps
Some applications or apps function entirely on your device. Some interact with remote services or applications across the internet to gain additional features, others are simply mobile facades for remote services.
For apps to work with these services, they need to send information or make requests for data in a form the remote service can work with. This communication is therefore governed by what is known as a web “Application Programming Interface” or API for short.
You may be syncing with Google’s calendar service using the webOS calendar app. Google is due to change the API that governs this process. They will move to version 3 on the 17th of this month. For your webOS device to continue to synchronise with the calendar, it needs an update!
Continue reading Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync
Knocking back Antoccinos is best with a few pastries so there are some crumbs to sweep out:
- Another nod to the simplicity of LG’s TV interface with a recognition from the Red Dot Design Award at IFA.
- RSS Reader app, Feedspider seeks translation help. Can you translate 112 strings of text into Bengali, Breton, Italian, Portuguese or Tamil?
- It seems forum user, 1whocs has got the Android on Veer project working. Instructions are here.
- Grabber5.0 has identified another minor issue with gmail. Check your settings.
- Hedami has released an update for location-based reminder app, Geostrings.
- Retro-styled puzzle adventure game, Aquaventure has an update.
- Both the apps above were released on the forums as app catalogue approval appears to have become extremely slow…
That’s it until the next toaster notification!