The traffic sucked all the way there but NDrive on Marc’s Pre3 got us there all the same. It took us through the city instead of around and it was a busy Saturday night so traffic was really bad.
Pi Pizza was delicious as always.
In the picture is Marc, then Gary, then Atif and I took the photo. I took the photo with my Yotaphone 2 mostly to show up the EPD screen and how it winks at you when it takes a picture but also to catalog the attendees.
Gary wanted to know all of our Palm stories. Marc’s was the shortest with only coming over to webOS and the Veer. Gary’s and Atif’s were a bit more storied and mine I think is known at least to our readers.
Marc passed around the Windsornot and a TS2. I passed around my 64GB Go and Palm branded Veer (which I was “driving” that day).
The Windsornot was of course a highlight and a low point. Atif captured the mood well in his forum post.
Marc sells a ton of Veers. He has quite the collection of Veer parts. He brought 4, “seen better days” Veers and gave them away as party gifts. Nice guy.
Gary drove from New Jersey. Atif came from New York. Marc flew to visit me from Chicago and I planned the meetup since he was going to be here. That started the whole idea anyway.
We’ve seen the HP Touchstone 2 before. It’s popped up on eBay, the webOS Nation forums and even Craigslist in the Silicon Valley area. But have you seen a functionality test? You will.
Continue reading Rare webOS Devices, Episode 4
Knocking back Antoccinos is best with a few pastries so there are some crumbs to sweep out:
- Another nod to the simplicity of LG’s TV interface with a recognition from the Red Dot Design Award at IFA.
- RSS Reader app, Feedspider seeks translation help. Can you translate 112 strings of text into Bengali, Breton, Italian, Portuguese or Tamil?
- It seems forum user, 1whocs has got the Android on Veer project working. Instructions are here.
- Grabber5.0 has identified another minor issue with gmail. Check your settings.
- Hedami has released an update for location-based reminder app, Geostrings.
- Retro-styled puzzle adventure game, Aquaventure has an update.
- Both the apps above were released on the forums as app catalogue approval appears to have become extremely slow…
That’s it until the next toaster notification!
2010 was a special year for webOS. It would mark the release of the Pre and Pixi Plus, alongside something special. That something special, would be the Pre successor and the very last smartphone to ever be released, under the “Palm” branding.
The Pre 2, code named “Roadrunner” first appeared in August of 2010, as a rumor but launched in November as a unlocked developer device in the U.S. and finally an actual carrier launch on Verizon in February of 2011.
Continue reading The Pre 2 & HP Veer in 2014