Uh, the toaster needs another clean. Let’s shake it before those crumbs are too stale or burnt!
- webOS developer, Choorp either loves twitter or is frightened of it (actually, both is probably normal). He made this based on the logo of premier webOS twitter app, Project Macaw. We salute developer, Penduin for developing an app that only gets used once a year.
- Slashgear reports that TV’s running LGwebOS 3.0 now have online payment support for shopping & in-app payments. Set those parental controls!
- TechnoBuffalo is the latest Tech blog looking wistfully back. Are we the only one looking to the future of mobile webOS?
- You want webOS merchandise? Improvise!
- Former Palm employee, Lisa Brewster demonstrates what to do if you find yourself in the wild without a toaster.
I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s time for teacakes. See you next time!
U.S. webOS fans in the Chicago area can once again meetup and chat over pizza. As usual it’s on a Sunday. November 27th this time – just as you’ve recovered from that big Thanksgiving meal!. 7pm is the time, Moretti’s Ristorante and Pizzeria, Schamburg is the place. Click here for directions.
Continue reading webOS meetup, Chicago, 27th November
We just bought the domain, weboscenter.com and set it up to redirect to this article. webOS Center was a fairly popular blog, but new posts stopped back in 2012 except for a blip in 2014 when the first webOS TVs were released by LG. If you got here via an old bookmark or are just curious, you can see the original site on the internet archive by clicking here.
Continue reading webOS Center: Gone, but not forgotten
No release this month folks!
We’re doing some long overdue maintenance on our build servers and related services. They were still running Ubuntu 14.04 so we have now updated them to the latest Ubuntu LTS release 16.04.1. Most of the updates went fine but we still have a few loose ends to address, specifically with some build issues for the Touchpad kernel.
Continue reading LuneOS Update for November
Washington, District of Columbia houses the seat of government for the United States of America. Here, many meetings take place and many momentous decisions are made. In November of this year, the citizens of these states face a momentous decision: “Will I attend the webOS meetup in Bethesda?” (Hint: Yes)
That’s right, a few short miles from the White House, Capitol and other notable sites is a branch of Pi Pizza. To be precise, it’s at 7137 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814. Date: November 5th (next Saturday). Time: 6pm.
Here is the discussion thread where you can confirm your attendance.
Bring your webOS and LuneOS devices, discuss developments and the future and exchange tips on keeping your phones and tablets alive and functional.
This meet up is organised by Alan Morford. Among the devices present will be a Windsornot, TouchStone 2 and a 64GB TouchPad Go.
The team at pivotCE remind you that if you are planning a meet up, let us know! We are interested in promoting your events (it might even increase attendance!). We are also interested in reports and pictures from webOS events.
Original Image: Jimmy Emerson, DVM. CC BY-NC-ND 2.0