The traffic sucked all the way there but NDrive on Marc’s Pre3 got us there all the same. It took us through the city instead of around and it was a busy Saturday night so traffic was really bad.
Pi Pizza was delicious as always.
In the picture is Marc, then Gary, then Atif and I took the photo. I took the photo with my Yotaphone 2 mostly to show up the EPD screen and how it winks at you when it takes a picture but also to catalog the attendees.
Gary wanted to know all of our Palm stories. Marc’s was the shortest with only coming over to webOS and the Veer. Gary’s and Atif’s were a bit more storied and mine I think is known at least to our readers.
Marc passed around the Windsornot and a TS2. I passed around my 64GB Go and Palm branded Veer (which I was “driving” that day).
The Windsornot was of course a highlight and a low point. Atif captured the mood well in his forum post.
Marc sells a ton of Veers. He has quite the collection of Veer parts. He brought 4, “seen better days” Veers and gave them away as party gifts. Nice guy.
Gary drove from New Jersey. Atif came from New York. Marc flew to visit me from Chicago and I planned the meetup since he was going to be here. That started the whole idea anyway.
Uh, the toaster needs another clean. Let’s shake it before those crumbs are too stale or burnt!
- webOS developer, Choorp either loves twitter or is frightened of it (actually, both is probably normal). He made this based on the logo of premier webOS twitter app, Project Macaw. We salute developer, Penduin for developing an app that only gets used once a year.
- Slashgear reports that TV’s running LGwebOS 3.0 now have online payment support for shopping & in-app payments. Set those parental controls!
- TechnoBuffalo is the latest Tech blog looking wistfully back. Are we the only one looking to the future of mobile webOS?
- You want webOS merchandise? Improvise!
- Former Palm employee, Lisa Brewster demonstrates what to do if you find yourself in the wild without a toaster.
I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s time for teacakes. See you next time!
U.S. webOS fans in the Chicago area can once again meetup and chat over pizza. As usual it’s on a Sunday. November 27th this time – just as you’ve recovered from that big Thanksgiving meal!. 7pm is the time, Moretti’s Ristorante and Pizzeria, Schamburg is the place. Click here for directions.
Continue reading webOS meetup, Chicago, 27th November
We just bought the domain, weboscenter.com and set it up to redirect to this article. webOS Center was a fairly popular blog, but new posts stopped back in 2012 except for a blip in 2014 when the first webOS TVs were released by LG. If you got here via an old bookmark or are just curious, you can see the original site on the internet archive by clicking here.
Continue reading webOS Center: Gone, but not forgotten
No release this month folks!
We’re doing some long overdue maintenance on our build servers and related services. They were still running Ubuntu 14.04 so we have now updated them to the latest Ubuntu LTS release 16.04.1. Most of the updates went fine but we still have a few loose ends to address, specifically with some build issues for the Touchpad kernel.
Continue reading LuneOS Update for November