webOS Nation’s forum user, TheOneill (author of the YouTube client fix patch for webOS), has tested and proven a solution for the now defunct Whatsapp client, MojoWhatsup for webOS. It involves using your computer and VNC on your device. It’s not pretty but it works.
Continue reading Whatsapp Workaround for webOS
Ah! There’s nothing like the aroma of freshly baked news to draw the readers in!
- MojoWhatsup gets an update. It seems that Whatsapp will be implementing end to end security. It remains to be seen what impact this will have on the webOS homebrew app.
- If you are trying to convince yourself that you really need a new TV this month, then you may be able to reduce any buyer’s remorse by checking reviewed.com‘s list of 2014’s best, topped by the 55EA9800 from LG (who also made the runner up).
- As promised, the latest version of webOS Quick Install has arrived. Updates for the Preware domain change, Novacom drivers & LuneOS support are all included.
- In a matching update, Preware feeds have been refreshed, so you should now see the apps added to the webOS Nation app gallery over the last few weeks. Automated updates have just been fixed too.
- Looking to the future, take a look at this prototype app catalogue from forum user and app developer, Warlord9159.
- Finally, don’t panic if you are here looking for the next stable LuneOS build. It has so many major updates that the whole stability thing is taking a little longer.
Don’t forget all the above accept donations (A large & mandatory one in the case of the TV). Even pivotCE could do with the occasional crust.