This weeks toasting menu: Welsh Rarebit because, why wouldn’t you? While it heats up, here are your news crumbs. There’s nothing cheesey about these items:
- What is this? It’s not webOS TV! It’s Enyo running on the Matchstick streamer as tweeted by Andre Garzia. It’s running on FirefoxOS, but who knows, maybe that thing could run Open webOS one day?
- LG mobile phone sales were up 24% last year. They shipped 59.1billion. LG’s growing smartphone sales offset loss taken from plasma TVs | The Verge.
- You may have noticed that Whatsapp have been messing about lately and webOS is affected. Here is Andre Garzia again: WhatsApp doesn’t understand the web. There seems to be some good news. Although amoralico, the developer of the webOS client will no longer be developing it, he has released the latest code to the community and there is an open-source client on another platform that works. Comparing code and updating MojoWhatsup should be possible. Of course, other messaging services exist and Whatsapp may have damaged themselves with their recent moves.
- Meanwhile, over at Pocketnow: Six years later we’re still writing about webOS. Well, quite! But there’s no mention of LuneOS until you get to the comments.
- So these years later, would you be expecting hardware news? There is some! Forum user davodego has posted links to a device repair service in Germany. Here’s the direct link. If you have an unused or damaged device, you might consider donating it for spares.
- How about actual new webOS hardware? Forum member, Sumy has made some batteries! Testing is in progress…
That’s it for now, I smell toasting cheese…