There’s a lot going on with LuneOS and the webOS Ports team this month. We’ve been working a TON on some of the more ambitious parts of the OS. These are huge features that take a lot of time to get right. Because of that, there won’t be a stable build released this month. Read on to see what we’ve been up to.
Here’s what we’re working on so diligently:
- Bluetooth on N4 “works” for the most part
- Work on ambient, gyroscope, etc. sensors has been done with more to come
- GPS via cellular is ongoing
- Mochi UI style being worked for QML components for QML apps
- Lots of telephony progress
- Contacts intergration coming along
- SMS work is constant
As you can see, they are some of the biggest pieces to the puzzle.
For next release:
Same as last month (except the TouchPad memory bug-we fixed that) plus emphasis on those items above:
- Further enhancements to messaging and contact app and service backend.
- Bringing the phone application to life.
- Blinking LEDs to indicate pending notifications.
- Vibration support.
- Support for other sensors so we can implement orientation for example.
We know there
is was a problem with the latest March 7th nightly. Part of the reason we aren’t rushing to get a stable out is because it will likely cause another sub-par build. We really did try to get a stable out this month. But remember, we’re about a quality product and timelines are not our primary concern. Quality over quantity.
UPDATE: There is a new nightly for 10 March. Get it here.
2. Get involved and
Feel free to download the updated builds to get started. Tenderloin and Mako remain our focus for now and the emulator works too.
Stay with us as we have lots of great things coming in the near future. Daily driver status for the N4 is a goal for us and we’re doing everything we can to accomplish it. Lots of work up front makes porting easier later on.