So much has been happening lately, it’s hard to tell what’s a crumb, crisis or great news! Here is a selection:
- 72ka updates his Google maps app to 0.3.4. Check the webOS Nation App Gallery. A Preware feed update is hopefully due soon.
- In his day job as a colour grader, Project Macaw developer, David Cole has won a Hollywood Post Alliance award for his work on television pilot, “Reign“. Here is a picture of him on stage. Congratulations David!
- In other movie news, last week saw the 100th anniversary of the birth of film star Hedy Lamarr. Here’s why she is relevant to this site.
- Another legend! Jason Robitaille, author of Homebrew gateway program, webOS Quick Install, will be updating it and including the novacom drivers. Jason plans LuneOS support as he awaits delivery of a Nexus 4. Congratulations are also due to Jason for his recent graduation.
- There are problems with Photos posted to Facebook from the webOS app. The problem seems to be at the Facebook end and there’s no solution yet. Here’s the thread to watch.
- Forum user, Mazzinia has been scouring the corners of the internet for webOS projects. Here’s some interesting and potentially useful stuff: Business software, Music, Go agent proxy service, Python for webOS, Jumpcore C++ game framework, Bluespice media wiki.
With this many crumbs, it’s clear that webOS is very far from being brown bread.
It’s the latest Chicago webOS meetup and it’s happening on Sunday, 23rd November, 7pm at Moretti’s Ristorante and Pizzeria, Schamburg.
Welcome! To our Spanish speaking friends: ¡Bienvenido!
Tonight is All Hallows Eve, known colloquially as Halloween. It is traditionally a night when supernatural spirits, spectres and ghosts emerge. The dead walk among us and we show them some respect.
In Mexico, they have the Day of the Dead: A festival that features decorative skulls like those pictured above.
Just in case you haven’t noticed, the HP webOS app catalogue will close to new purchases at the end of the week: the 1st of November to be precise.
This is your last chance to buy apps from the catalogue. Don’t walk, run! Some developers will see a nice little boost in income in the next few weeks.
UPDATE: App Catalog downloads and purchases are all functioning properly again. webOS Nations forums user mazzinia believes they found the likely culprit. At any rate, HP figured it out. Only about 24 hours left to purchase apps. Hurry!
Knocking back Antoccinos is best with a few pastries so there are some crumbs to sweep out:
- Another nod to the simplicity of LG’s TV interface with a recognition from the Red Dot Design Award at IFA.
- RSS Reader app, Feedspider seeks translation help. Can you translate 112 strings of text into Bengali, Breton, Italian, Portuguese or Tamil?
- It seems forum user, 1whocs has got the Android on Veer project working. Instructions are here.
- Grabber5.0 has identified another minor issue with gmail. Check your settings.
- Hedami has released an update for location-based reminder app, Geostrings.
- Retro-styled puzzle adventure game, Aquaventure has an update.
- Both the apps above were released on the forums as app catalogue approval appears to have become extremely slow…
That’s it until the next toaster notification!