We just bought the domain, weboscenter.com and set it up to redirect to this article. webOS Center was a fairly popular blog, but new posts stopped back in 2012 except for a blip in 2014 when the first webOS TVs were released by LG. If you got here via an old bookmark or are just curious, you can see the original site on the internet archive by clicking here.
The toaster’s been back in action, so let’s shake out some fresh crumbs:
- A good spot from the forums: 5 part history of Palm from low end mac
- We know the old story: The flops, near misses and glorious failures in the race to be the best smartphone OS | TechRadar
- Ex-webOS developer, Andrew Rich joins Slack (and gets a half-marathon personal best!): Good News Comes In Threes – Medium. The third thing is of course a mention on pivotCE! 😉
- Google working on unified Fuchsia operating system. It involves ex-webOS people & a ‘mojo’ application framework… Other links: 1, 2, 3
- LG wins ‘Best High-end TV for the 5th year running and also ‘Best Smart TV’ at the EISA awards: Home Theatre Display & Video Awards 2016-2017 | EISA – The European Imaging and Sound Association
I need to butter these hot scones. See you next time!
Continue reading Enyo 2.7 released, with next generation plans
The start of each new year brings with it the Consumer Electronics show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. We have posted an article about it for the last couple of years – since LG debuted their webOS televisions there. You may recall that it was Palm’s announcement and demonstration of the Palm Pre at the 2009 show that started all the fuss about webOS. Could LG maintain the excitement around their TVs?
Continue reading The LG Keynote at CES 2016
We would like to send our best wishes to all of our readers. 2015 has been a year of ups and downs.
Continue reading Seasons Greetings to all our readers!